The recently upgraded 3T Vida-Fit scanner has a wider than standard, 70cm bore to provide a versatile imaging platform.
Excellent magnetic field homogeneity, for improved image quality, is achieved with advanced technology (Biomatrix tuners, CoilShim and SliceAdjust) applying patient-specific and region-specific uniformity optmisation in critical regions.
The XQ gradients allow high resolution imaging. ast gradient switching and slew rates on all axes can increase scan speed up to 48%,.and allow acquisition of advanced diffusion MRI in the brain. In addition to excellent neuroimaging capabilities, the Vida-Fit also permits a large 55x55x50 cm3 field of view, important for body imaging or off-centre applications.
The larger than normal open bore design and a maximum table weight of 250kgs makes this a very patient-friendly platform. CAMRI has a wide range of receiver coils available, suitable for imaging most body regions. The coil elements can be simultaneously connected allowing whole body imaging.
Multiple channels in each coils combined with advanced hardware and software, allow high acceleration of data acquisition. Such techniques help support the m fast imaging applications, e.g. in cardiac or imaging, or when managing patient motion is critical e.g. paediatrics.
Biomatrix sensor built into the RF detectors on the 3T Vida-Fit have the potential to multiplex key physiological signals and reduce the need for external cardiac (ECG) and respiratory (chest belt) measurements for cardiac and respiratory gating or physiological noise rejection. We currently support Biomatrix beat sensor for cardiac cine imaging, with additional capabilities in development.
Fast switching magnetic gradients are key hardware that allows collection of high resolution and faster imaging.
In addition to fast gradient switching, the 3T Vida-fit also incorporates several additional capabilities to further accelerate imaging:
- Compressed sensing
- Multiband acquisition
- Parallel imaging
- IA-based deep resolve image reconstruction are used wherever possible to optimise the MRI acquisition time (providing improved SNR or faster scanning - depending on the specific application and need).
3T Room facilities
- Basic laboratory and preparation area.
- Clinical preparation and recovery bays
- Radiology support & reporting (by arrangement)
- Full clinical and emergency support
- Physiological monitoring
- Liver elastography hardware
- Calibration and QA phantoms
- Eye tracking (by special arrangement)
- Respiratory gas delivery (by special arrangement)
- Dedicated preclinical imaging capabilities
- Patient entertainment (audio / visual)
- High resolution visual stimulus display screen
- Post processing servers